Please read the attached to determine whether or not you need a fireworks permit. Roman candles, firecrackers, bottle rockets, mortars, etc. (generally anything that leaves the ground or explodes) is a regulated “firework” such that a person must have a local government issued permit to use or possess them.

Contact the Town Chairman at 715-556-2244 to obtain a permit. No fee is required. Permits are issued at the Chairman’s discretion. The Chairman may require an indemnity bond or appropriate liability insurance sufficient to pay possible claims from use of fireworks to protect neighbors and bystanders in case of injuries or property damage.

Violations of Wis. Stats. 167.10(9) can result in up to a $1,000.00 forfeiture. The town can also petition the local county circuit court for an injunction to cease violations of the state statute on fireworks (Wis. Stats. 167.10(8) ), and any violation can result in up to a $10,000.00 fine and/or up to 9 months in jail (Wis. Stats. 167.10(9). Violations will be reported to local law enforcement.

Permit to Discharge Fireworks